Thursday, January 22, 2009

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost



Copyright: 2007

Publisher: Avon

Genre: Fiction, Paranormal Romance

Pages: 358

Challenges: Read-your-own books challenge, Paranormal Challenge

New-to-me author? Yes

Simple Description:

Cat is half vampire and half human. Her mother thinks she has evil in her and is ok with the fact that on the weekends Cat frequents the bars and looks for vampires to kill. Cat has always been told that Vampires are evil and don't deserve to "live". Then one night she meets Bones. He is a vampire and when Cat tries to kill him, he knocks her out instead. Soon they join forces to hunt down some very bad vampires. In the process Cat learns that not all vampires are bad and she begins to have feels for Bones.

Why did I read this book:

It was actually recommended to me and I have read a couple positive reviews as well.

What I liked most:

I liked the characters. I thought the interaction between Cat and Bones was great. There were some pretty funny parts to it.

Was there something I didn't like?

Nope..I loved this book!

Do I recommend this book?

Absolutely!!! I think those that enjoy the Sookie series by Charlaine Harris will probably enjoy this series also. Well, at least this book. I haven't read any of the other books in the series. Oh, and this is the 1st in the series for all of you who think this sounds good. I like paranormal romance books, so right there I figured this would be a good book for me. I also tend to enjoy vampire stories, so again, another bonus. I really like Cat. I actually can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

You can find another review here: (and if you reviewed this book, let me know and I'll link it)

Melissa's Reading

3 comments:

Bookfool said...

That sounds kind of fun, although I've never gotten through a Charlaine Harris book. I buy them and then list them on PBS.

Literary Feline said...

This does sound good! I've seen this author's name come up a couple of times in conversations about paranormal romance book talk and have been curious about her. I was happy to see you mention her! Great timing!

Unknown said...

Bookfool - haha -- well, maybe you would like this one

Literary Feline - I hope you give her a try, would love to see what you think.