Friday, February 24, 2006

Solomon Vs. Lord by Paul Levine

This was a new author for me...and I loved it! This is not one of my typical cozy mysteries. I wasn't sure about this book at first but what caught my attention was that it was supposed to be funny. I like funny books. So...I picked it up and began reading. I thought it would take me a very long time to read it since it is bigger than most books I read (546 pages). I really enjoyed this book and plowed through it. I thought it was funny, I loved the two main characters. I, of course, loved Bobbie. I'm not one for court room drama, mysteries but this book is great.

Two lawyers trying to make a name for themselves team up to represent a rich women accused of killing her husband during sex. The two lawyers, Solomon and Lord can't stand each other - or can they? While fighting this case they must also deal with the law trying to take Solomon's newphew from him. He wants full custody but the social workers want Bobbie to be placed in a state care where he can get the help he needs.

No comments: