Thursday, April 13, 2006

Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson


This is the first novel in the catering mystery series. I really enjoyed it and plan on reading more in the series.

Goldy is trying to support herself and her son, Arch, by running a catering company. She is catering a wake for Laura Smiley when one of the mourners suddenly is very sick. It turns out that somebody put poison in his coffee. Goldy's business is shut down, since she provided the coffee, until the mystery is solved.

Goldy decides she is going to try and solve the mystery herself since she doesn't have an income until it's solved.

I loved the interaction between her and the police, as well as her friends. I thought she was angry and that did get to me sometimes, she seemed too angry, but considered her circumstances I suppose it is understandable. haha! As I mentioned above, I still plan on reading more of the series.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

The pictures look great!!! All the more eye candy to make me want to buy more books! :)

I've been meaning to read this one. I've had it on my TBR pile for over two years!!

It seems like we have similar book tastes because everything you read I've either read or want to read!!! :) :)