Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dirty Martini by J.A. Konrath


This is the 4th in the series - so yeah - read out of order again.

Lt. Jack Daniels works for the violent crimes unit in the Chicago PD. She is asked to work on the chemist case, not because she is the best, but because the public likes her.

The Chemist, as he is being called, has put toxins into different foods in different stores. The people who come into contact with the food are either dying or end up in serious condition in the hospital. And the chemist shows no signs of slowing down.

Jack has a couple of close calls with the Chemist but is able to survive. She is set on finding this guy.

There is one part that deals with cockroaches that gave me the creepies. It was great - just creepy. yuck - don't ever want something like that to happen to me!!! And what exactly happened - read the book and find out. haha!

This is the first I have read in this series and I really like Jack. She is a very strong female character. I plan to read the others in the series - starting with #1 of course. haha!

new author/fiction/282 pgs

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

I would like to read this series. I've heard great things about it, but always seem to find a way to pass over the books. Thanks for your great review. I definitely will look up the series--starting with the first book. At least I know I'll like the 4th! Haha