Sunday, October 7, 2007

Finished: Sammy's House by Kristin Gore


I actually believe this is the 2nd in the series, and no it isn't a mystery series.

Sammy works at the White House, she is in charge of most of the health policies, etc. President Wye seems to be doing a good job but then she smells alcohol on him. Normally this wouldn't be a big issue, but the president doesn't drink, or so he tells the public. Then there is the trip to India where Sammy is supposed to help the Government create an agreement with one of the pharmaceutical companies, and the president asks her and the VP to get a stash of an illegal drug, but he wants it done under the table.

Let's through into the mix a blog that reveals things about what happens at the white house that aren't supposed to get out to the public. Who is behind this?

Through the story we also meet Charlie, Sammy's report boyfriend. He takes an assignment in NY and this puts a strain on their relationship. We also are introduced to Sammy's parents, who drive her nuts, but you gotta love 'em.

This story was funny. Sammy is a very different character and I enjoyed reading about her life. I admit that I was in a bad mood this past week and so I really don't' think I enjoyed the book as much as I would have if I had been a bit happier. I'm also not much of a political person - although I know I should - I don't follow our government much. So I was a little worried about reading this book and not "getting" things or just being bored by it all. I have to admit, at times I was like ok...move along...but again..I was in a bad mood. lol! So I think you should check out this book on amazon or Barnes and noble and read a bit more about it. Overall - I enjoyed the characters and found parts of it funny and the overall story interesting.

new author/fiction/384 pgs

No comments: