Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Late Bloomer's Revolution by Amy Cohen


This is a memoir about Amy being single in her 30's. The talks about the breakdown she had after her mother died, her boyfriend broke-up with her, and she lost her job. She talks about what it was like to be single and having friends and family trying to get her to date and find a husband.

This is one of those memoirs where nothing "great" really happened yet at the same time I couldn't put it down. I liked a lot of the things Amy did and the stories she told. I thought many were funny. I also like how the story ends.

So...I know this isn't the worlds best review...but it's kinda hard to pick things to say about the book. It is the story of one women's life as she gets over her Mother's death and tries to move on and find love. If you like memoirs - I recommend looking into this one.

"I like to save my crazy for later. I know I'm crazy. You know I'm crazy. But we'll get to that later" pg. 124 from The Late Bloomer's Revolution by Amy Cohen

non-fiction/new author/288

2 comments:

Lover of Books said...

That one sounds interesting. :) I'll have to find it on PBS. :)

ByAmycohen said...

Kris,

Thank you so much for recommending my book. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

So glad you couldn't put it down.
I Love hearing that.

Bloom on (and such good luck with your terrific blog),

Amy