Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Christmas Pearl by Dorothea Benton Frank



This is my first Christmas book for the year and it was a good one to start with.

Theodora is 93 years old and knows that her family is a mess. Her daughter has followed the family tradition by living in the family home with her family. Her grandkids are grown and have kids of their own - only they are all rude and she doesn't like them!

All of the family is gathered together for Christmas when a miracle happens. Pearl, Theodora's best friend and family helper, has come back to help out. Pearl has been dead for many years but knows she is needed to help.

I admit that I didn't think the writing was the best, but I liked the story and therefore I think of this as a good Christmas book. I liked the idea of her friend coming back to help with the family and bring back all the old family traditions.

So..if you haven't started on your Christmas reading yet - get to the store - grab this book - and get started!!!

new author/fiction/139 pgs

No comments: