Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright



This book is about a wonderful couple, Jack and Laurel Cooper. They own a B&B and have been married for 39 years, and have three children. Jack and Laurel die together in the comfort of their home. However, Jack wrote Laurel a letter every Wednesday that they were married.

They have three children: Samantha, Michael, and Malcolm. They find the letters when they all come back home to deal with the death of their parents. It is through these letters that they discover secrets in their parents past. Secrets that make them laugh and cry and secrets that turn one of their lives upside down.

Malcolm is the child who had the most to lose coming back home. He got in trouble with the law and ran from the town. After two years he comes back home to face those consequences and to find out what happened to the only girl he has ever loved, Rain.

I reviewed Wrights other book, The Christmas Jars, late last year and just raved about it. Since then I have been waiting to read this one. I wasn't disapointed. I admit that with all the charactors that showed up, I did get confused on who was who,etc. For some reason I kept confusing Michael and Malcolm too. I don't know if it was because they both started with an "M" or if I'm just that out of it (lack of sleep, school pressures, herniated disk acting up - you name it). However, the story itself was wonderful. I mean really, what girl wouldn't love to receive a letter from her husband every week? Even if the letter was just mundane and about what has happened? But those letters where he talked about the love for his wife and the fun things they did. It would be wonderful to be old and read back through those letters and relive the moments. This is a story about a paren'ts love for each other and their kids. It was a story about their youngest coming to terms with himself and finding his true love.

fiction/28opgs

2 comments:

April said...

I have this one too and can't wait to read it! I think the look of the book is so neat - I'm such a geek, lol!

Unknown said...

Thanks Laura! I'll be sure to send him one of the handmade cards I made this year!