Thursday, March 20, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - The End

You’ve just reached the end of a book . . . what do you do now? Savor and muse over the book? Dive right into the next one? Go take the dog for a walk, the kids to the park, before even thinking about the next book you’re going to read? What?
(Obviously, there can be more than one answer, here–a book with a cliff-hanger is going to engender different reactions than a serene, stand-alone, but you get the idea!)

Normally, I will immediately pick up another book and start reading! haha! If I think I am anywhere close to the ending, I go pick out my next book and carry both around with me. I've been seen many times using the treadmill at work with two books to keep me company. God forbid I finish one and have nothing to do but walk and listen to my Ipod and watch tv. I will also leave an extra on my nightstand in case I finish a book sometime during the night, because getting up to get a new one is just too much work.

Probably the only time I don't immediately jump into a new one is 1)I finish the book at work while I should be working but am sneaking in reading because I am so darn close to the end I can't imagine not finishing it or 2) I'm at home and it's during the day and I need to do housework or want to play on the PC (and blog my review!) or watch tv or 3)I'm in the car on my way too or from work. Then I actually pay attention to where I am and talk to my chauffeur er I mean husband.

No comments: