Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crazy Fool Kills Five by Gwen Freeman



This is the 2nd in the series.

Fifi Cutter was fired from her job and now does free lance work investigating insurance claims. The story starts off with her investigating a guy for work comp fraud. Then she gets involved with a high profile case the firm is working on. Evidently she did something right, because somebody is after her. The only problem, she doesn't know why.

She hopes all will be ok once the trial is over, but that's not the case. She knows some of the people behind the crime, but hasn't put all the clues together.

This book was a good read. It started off kinda weird for me. I think that might have been an issue of going from a serious book, to a book that is more fun. Once I got in the groove of this book, I really liked it. It reminds me of the style of Janet Evanovich's Plum series. It's quirky and fun.

I really like Fifi. She is a very unique individual. She says what she wants, most of the time. She doesn't always do things by the book, but she usually means well. Her half brother Bosco is currently living with her and is also a very unique character. When the car Fifi has been borrowing needs to be returned, he figures out how to get a replacement car. Only the car can only go about 45 miles an hour and the brakes don't work very well. haha!

This book has also been reviewed by:

Books Love Me

Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Send me an email or leave me a comment and let me know! I'll add a link to your review with mine.

new author/mystery/286pgs

1 comment:

Josette said...

Hey there Kris! I found your review via Google blog search.

This was the first Fifi Cutter mystery for me. It was a fun book.

Ooh, I didn't like Violet Fang! Clearly, Fifi detests her too. I don't know what I'd do if there's a real Violet who's constantly putting me down. Kudos to Fifi for being patient with her!

Anyway, here's my review if you'd like to read it. It's quite complicated though. =)