Friday, August 15, 2008

Love Today by Maxim Biller



It's not very easy to see the picture is it? The cover is white, with the word Love on it, so it's hard to see with white background in the post.
Ok, so about the book. The book is a collection of short stories and each story is about love. I always find it hard to review short story collections because I can't give an overview of the story, there are too many! Each story pretty much takes place in Prague or somewhere in Germany.
The stories were pretty short, the book as a whole was a very quick read for me. I picked it up because I left Moscow Rules at work on Thursday and needed something to read at home. Each story is about love (I know, I'm repeating myself). However they aren't the typical love stories that I was expecting. I most cases, the couples don't seem to want to be with each other. In all honesty, the stories were a little weird. I don't think I really got any of them. I got a couple, but most I didn't. I don't know if it was a difference in culture or if I just didn't put enough thought into each one. That being said, I was drawn to the book and wanted to read the next story to see what would happen with that one. So I'm just not sure what to really say about this one. It was ok, not the best book, but far from the worst.
I hope somebody else in blog land has reviewed this one so you guys can read a couple different reviews to get a feel for it.
In fact, if you have reviewed this one or seen the review, send me an email or post a comment, I'll put a link to the review below.
(new author. fiction.216p)

No comments: