Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fisherman’s Bend by Linda Greenlaw



This is the 2nd in the Jane Bunker mystery series.


Jane is asked to investigate some damage to a boat that is getting read to do some research off of the coast of Main. Because it is in a neighboring town, she asks Cal to take her by boat to the town because it would be faster than driving. She does what needs to be done, and heads home. But on the way home, Jane and Cal spot a fishing boat that is just going in circles. The caption is nowhere to be found. Now Jane has another mystery to solve, what happened to the caption. The sad thing is that the missing man's son recently died, an overdose on heron. Jane plans to figure out where the heron is coming from and try to put a stop to it. There are some creepy characters and some strange things happening, but Jane keeps with the investigation.


I hate to say this, but I wasn't all that impressed with the book. I have read the first in the series, so I was excited to get a copy of the second to read. But…I just didn't like it all that much. The author seems to give lots of info that I find unnecessary. I wish I had marked some of the pages with things that bothered me so I would have an example, but I didn't. I do remember that there was one part in the book where the main character is talking about how she doesn't make promises, which lead to her not making new years resolutions and the reason why. I have no idea why this was in the book, it wasn't relevant. It took away from the story in my opinion. Also, the ending seemed to be rushed. I also had no idea how it was going to end. I don't know if this is due to the cold I have and so I wasn't following the story as well as I would have, or not. So..I don't know…too many things about the book bothered me that are keeping me from saying I liked it and would read more.




Have you reviewed this book on your blog? If so let me know and I'll link it below


Sorry, no reviews yet






Happy Reading…and thanks for stopping by! Kris




(mystery. 242pg)

No comments: