Thursday, February 12, 2009

Booking Through Thursday - Authors Talking


Do you read any author's blog? If so, are you looking for information on their next project? On the author personally? Something else?


There are very few author blogs that I follow.


I follow Jason' Wrights blog, Life with Jason Wright. During the holidays he posts stories about people receiving (or giving) a real-life Christmas jar. In fact, some are still trickling in. I love reading those. Some are very long and full of detail, some are very short. But I love them.


I also follow The Lipstick Chronicles. The blog posts are written by authors: Harley Jane Kozak, Sarah Strohmeyer, Elaine Viets, Nancy Martin, and Michele Martinez. I don't read some of the authors books, but I read others. I personally just find most of the posts amusing.


Other than that, there aren't really any author's blogs that I really follow. I'll visit their websites to get book info and tour dates, but that's about it. There have been some others whose blogs I would follow, except that they blog on their website and don't have RSS feeds set-up, so I can't. And I'm personally too lazy and forgetful to keep going back to their blog to see what they are writing. I would follow only because some of the posts I read were funny.

4 comments:

Robin M said...

I like the lipstick chronicles. I also like Riding With The Top Down. Like the chronicles, multi female author blog with lots to say. I think you can add them to the feeder.

Unknown said...

Robin -Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning the Lipstick Chronicles. I appreciates hearing from readers -- you're a big influence on my writing and I've made changes in my books based on what readers have said and suggested.
Elaine Viets

Unknown said...

Elaine - Thanks for the comment! I love when authors stop by and comment on my blog, which doesn't happen often! ps - your posts are some of my favorits on that blog..oh how they make me laugh.