Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger


Copyright: 2008

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Genre: Fiction

Pages: 278

Challenges: 2009 Read Your Own Books Challenge

New-to-me author? no

Author's website


 

Simple Description

Adriana, Emmy, and Leigh have been friends since college. Now they are almost 30 and trying to deal with where they are in life at that age. Adriana doesn't have a need to work (rich parents), loves guys but not long term relationships, and is beautiful. Leigh works as an editor for a publishing company. She is dating the perfect guy, or so everyone says. She isn't sure she's that in to him. Emmy has been wanting kids for a long time. She has been dating Duncan for 5 years, when he breaks up with her for his personal trainer who is much younger. The girls create a contest. Adriana is suppose to find a guy she loves and will marry within a year. Emmy is supposed to have one-night stands with some guys and "live" a little. They think Leigh is perfect and doesn't don't need to change anything about her life. Leigh isn't happy though and knows something needs to change. During this year each woman grows up a little and becomes more true to who they are.

Why did I read this book?

I really liked The Devil Wears Prada so I was wanting to read another book by this author.

What I liked most:

I liked how each woman had to make difficult decisions, but they did it. They knew they wanted to change and they went for it.

Was there something I didn't like?

Sometimes the bickering between the three got on my nerves. That was probably more an issue with me and not the book though.

Do I recommend the book?

I do. I don't think it was as good as The Devil Wears Prada, but I still thought it was a really good story.


 

Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Leave me a comment to let me know and I'll link it below.

Sorry, no linked reviews yet.


 


 Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by……Kris

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I may have to look for this one since I enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - I enjoyed both books that I have read by the author. I have another by her, just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.