Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Just Over the Mountain by Robyn Carr


Copyright: 2002
Publisher: Mira
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 364
Challenges: Series Challenge
New-to-me author? No
Author's website

Simple Description
This is the 2nd book in the Grace Valley Series. This one finds June Hudson still seeing the undercover cop. Their romance is great and it's hard to keep it a secret, but she must. Things get harder, however, when her highschool flame moves back to town. Chris Forest left her for another girl in Grace Valley and then moved away. This broke June's heard, especially when he didn't have the nerve to tell her this himself. After Chris moves back he tries to get back on June's good side and wants them to be an item, but there is no way that will happen. When Chris moves back, he brings his 2 sons. They are more than a handful. Shortly after they show up there is vandalism and more. Chris is oblivious that his sons are doing anything wrong and this causes some issues with the local sheriff and his family.

Meanwhile, there is some drama at the clinic. When Charlotte is unable to work, John's wife, Susan, steps up and works as nurse. She loves it! June asked John if Susan would be willing to work full-time but John says no. However Susan approaches June and asks if she would be willing to hire her on full-time. This starts a lot of drama between John and Susan.

Other things happen in Junes life, but I don't want to spoil anything by mentioning them. I will say that I figured out some stuff before it was actually told in the story, but this didn't ruin the story for me.

Why did I read this book?
I read the first one as a buddy read with some friends and we all loved it and immediately agreed to read the rest of the series together.

What I liked most:
I loved the characters and the town. That's what I loved about the first book and I continue to love it with the second. I love June and most of the other characters. I really can't wait to read the 3rd book in the trilogy.

Was there something I didn't like?
Not really.

Do I recommend the book?
Yes!!!! I think this is a great trilogy. The characters are great, the story movies and keeps my interest. I read it pretty fast just because I didn't want to put it down, I wanted to read more about the characters.




Have you reviewed this book on your blog? Leave me a comment to let me know and I'll link it below.


Sorry, no linked reviews yet.








Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by……Kris

3 comments:

Beth F said...

This is new to me. I'll have to look into it -- a trilogy is easy to handle.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I like Robyn Carr's writing. I read: Virgin River and Virgin River Christmas (both very good).

Anonymous said...

These sound good - I'll have to look for them. Robyn Carr sounds very familiar - I'm not sure if I've read anything by her before.