Monday, September 7, 2009

The Christmas Clock by Kat Martin


Copyright: 2009 (official release date is October)
Publisher: Vanguard Press
Genre: Fiction
Pages: 145
Challenges: none
New-to-me Author: yes
Author's Website


Simple Description:
This story takes place when Teddy Winters is 8 years old. He is living with his Grandma, but she has advanced Alzheimer's that keeps getting worse. Syl recently moved back to the town of Dreyerville. She left 8 years ago when she found out she had cervical cancer. She had been engaged but called it off and basically ran away. Joe was the man engaged to Syl. He had a hard time of things after she left and ended up in jail for killing a man.

Teddy works for Joe to earn some money to buy a clock for his Grandma. It's durring the couple of hours he spends with Joe each day that the two begin to grow close. When Teddy's Grandma can't take care of him anymore, he is put into foster care. Joe wants to adopt Teddy, but doesn't think he will be able to because of his past.

In the meantime, because this is a small town, Syl and Joe run into each other. They still have feelings for each other, but can't they go back to where they were 8 years ago -before the lies and the hurt?

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I know, I don't usually read Christmas books until December but I made a special case for this one. I was offered to review this book and since I love Christmas stories, I just couldn't pass it up.

I really liked tihs story. It's short, only 145 pages, but in those pages the author tells a wonderful story. I always want Christmas books to have a happy ending and this was no disapointment. I loved how it ended. I suppose some would call it predictable, but aren't most Christmas stories? I think this is a great story to be read around the Holidays.

I visited the author's website and noticed she also writes romantic suspence, one of my favorite genres. I think I will definitly be reading more by this author. On that note...have any of you read any of her romantic suspense? What do you think of it?



Happy Reading.....and Thanks for stopping by! Kris

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It does seem a little early for a Christmas story but I'll be in the mood soon. I'll keep this one in mind.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - yeah..a bit early but it was still very enjoyable. I start getting into the mood in October..due to the holiday season starting.