Tuesday, December 29, 2009

204 Rosewood Lane by Debbie Macomber


Copyright: 2002
Publisher: Mira
Genre: Fiction/Romance
Pages: Audio
Challenges: none
Author's Website



Simple Description:
This is the second book in the Cedar Cove series.

Grace's husband disappeared in the last book and in this one she is dealing with that. She ends up filing for divorce since it's been so long since anybody has heard from him and somebody believes they saw him get in a taxi with another woman. She also has an admiror, Cliff Harding. While he is giving her time to get over the divorce, he is also making it known that he likes her and wants to date her.

Olivia and Jack are still a couple however things keep getting in the way of their relationship. First Jack's son has troubles with his girlfriend and moves in and Jack also thinks Stan wants Olivia back.

I think Zach and Rosemary Cox are a new couple. They have two kids, Rosemary is a stay at home Mom who is active in a lot of non-profit companies and school activities. Their marriage is in trouble because Zach wants a wife who stays home and cleans house and cooks all day. Rosemary enjoys doing all the charity work.

There are also lots of pregnancies in this one! And more people to read about and become friends with than I mentioned.

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I really enjoyed this one. I think I like the Blossom Street series better, if I have to be honest, but I still really enjoy this one too. It's been awhile since I read the first one and so I didn't remember everything that happened but I wasn't lost for long. I know there are more in the series and the author definitely leaves things open for several of the characters so you have something to look forward to with the next book.

While I do own this book, I did listen to the audio version at the library. I can't say the reader is my favorite but she did a good job. I didn't find myself wondering or losing focus.


This book is part of my collection and was either bought or given to me.
This audio book was rented from my local library.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I've never read any of Macomber's work, but recently won Mrs. Miracle. I'm anxious to read it since everyone seems to love Macomber's work.

Literary Feline said...

Thanks for your great review, Kris. I have Summer of Blossom Street sitting here on my desk to read. It'll be my first Macomber book.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - they are quick, light reads, I hope you enjoy your first by her.

Literary Feline - I love the blossom street series, hope you enjoy it.