Thursday, December 17, 2009

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich


Genre: Mystery
Pages: audio
Challenges: Stephanie Plum Challenge
Author's Website



Simple Description:
This is another of the "between" books featuring Diesel. Stephanie runs into Grandma and Grandma is carrying around a duffel bag, but she won't tell Stephanie what is in it. The next day Grandma is missing. Diesel shows up in apartment and it seems the man he is looking for is the same one that tried to get the duffel bag from Grandma the day before. Stephanie finds herself in Atlanta City where she finds Grandma but the loses Grandma when she is kidnapped by the Trenton crime boss.


Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
While I found myself laughing at times, I still think I would prefer if the author didn't write the "between" books. I just don't get the point..other than more money in her pocket I guess. But for the reader? What's the point? Over all it was an enjoyable book and I'm sure Stephanie lovers will enjoy it.



This audio book was rented from my local library.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Yeah, I haven't gotten into the between the numbers books either.

Beth F said...

I am one of the few people who just couldn't get into the Plum books --numbered or in between.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - most people I've talked to feel the same way..but I guess because people keep buying them she keeps writing them.

Beth - I had thought about stopping the series, they were getting too silly for me, but I took a year or so off from reading them and now that I've started up again I'm finding that they are the perfect book for when I just need something light and that doesn't require me to think much (or at all).