Monday, December 21, 2009

Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke


Copyright: 2009
Publisher: Kensington
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 256
Challenges: Christmas Reading Challenge
Author's Website



Simple Description:
Oh yes, it happened again. Hannah has happened across another dead body. Some girls get all the bad luck. This time she is with Norman though, so her Mother can't be too upset. Larry runs and owns the Crazy Elf Christmas tree lot. He has several investors and some are thinking that Larry isn't being completely honest with them. Hannah gets caught up in this because she is providing cookies for his cookie shop and he gives them blank receipts, not a good business plan. She learns this while in a business class at a local college with her Mom. To make the story more interesting we have Carrie, Norman's Mom, sneaking around and acting suspicious. Norman and Mike get Hannah a Christmas tree, but of course Moishe can't stay away from it.

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I can't help it, I love these books. It doesn't bother me that there isn't really a murder investigation until half way through the book. I just love being back in Hannah's town and learning about everyone again. There are more and more hints of Hannah choosing a man and I like where it's headed - I just want her to get there. I guess that would be my only complaint, I would like to see Mike out of the picture - he might be hot but he can be such a jerk. haha! If you love cozy mysteries, or know somebody who does, you need to check out this series. Start from the beginning through..the books do build on one another. Oh..and these books do include lots of cookie and dessert recipes - I've been several and they have been yummy.



This book is part of my collection and was either bought or given to me.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This sounds like a great book for this time of year when there are so many distractions to our reading.

Unknown said...

Bermudaonion - You are so right. Nothing like a fun read that revolves around Christmas and where you visit with those fictional characters you have come to love.

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

I must try these books, even if they do make me hungry :)