Thursday, December 3, 2009

Unhallowed Ground by Heather Graham


Copyright: 2009
Publisher: Mira
Genre: Mystery - romantic suspense
Pages: 362
Challenges: None
New-to-me Author: No
Author's Website

I promise - an actual review and not another challenge post! Although, I have to admit there are several more challenges I plan to sign up for, I just didn't want to flood you all with posts in one day.

Simple Description:
Sarah recently bought a historic house in St. Augustine and is having major renovations completed so she can open it as a b&b. Her plans might be put on hold for awhile though, because the carpenter found skeletons in the walls of one of her rooms. While these bones are old, there is a very real killer on the loose in their town - one that is targeting women.

Caleb Anderson was asked to investigate the disappearance of a young girl from a year ago. She was on her way to St. Augustine but nobody knows if she made it. While he is in St. Augustine he meets up with Sarah and has an instant attraction to her, and her house. It begins to look like the disappearing women are part of a much large picture, because this has happened before. This happened once during the Civil War and again much later. Caleb believes Sarah is in trouble, but will he find the killer in time to save his new love?

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
Oh how I love Heather Graham's books. She's a comfort read for me. Sure....most of her books are similar in the way that two strangers will be attracted to each other right away - love at first site, there's a killer on the loose, there are ghosts or something paranormal, and thinks usually end well for the people in love. I say "What's wrong with that?" lol! I really do love her stories, they are fun and combine a mystery with the paranormal and a bit of romance, and perfect combination. This is one of her latest books and if you are a Heather Graham fan, I'm sure you'll love it.

Thanks to ????? for providing this book for review.
This book is part of my collection and was either bought or given to me.
This audio book was rented from my local library.

No comments: