Monday, February 8, 2010

Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts


Genre: fiction
Pages: audio
Challenges: Audio book
New-to-me Author: Yes and No, I have read J.D. Robb book and since it's the same person than technically I have read a book by the author, however this is the first Nora Roberts book I have read.
Author's Website



Simple Description:
Welcome to Hawkins Hallow, where every 7 years the towns people go a little crazy. When three boys, Caleb, Gage, and Fox, decided to camp put at the pagan stone on their 10th birthday, they unleashed a demon and the man who tried to trap it. Now, every 7 years, in the 7th month, the town has a week where there is murder and mayhem and most act a bit nuts.

This year it might be different though. Quinn has heard about the strange things going on in the Hallow and she has the ok from Caleb to investigate it. She knows the three men, because they are in their 30's now, have something to do with it.

Caleb and Quinn immediately hit it off and are soon a couple.

Two other women end up in The Hallow that also seem to have a connection to what is going on. Layla is from New York and one day she has the urge to go to the hallow and gets there, although she has never heard of the town before. She meets Quinn and is then introduced to Caleb and Fox (and Gage when he shows up). Quinn also calls one of her friends to come to the town and help out with what is going on, Cybil.

Will the 6 of them be able to stop the demon that shows itself every 7 years?


Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I suppose this is the first book I've read that I would label a romance, for some reason I think this is more of a romance than the Heather Graham paranormal books I read. Either way, it was a different read for me but I enjoyed it a lot. I kept being told to read this author and that her books were good, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. So finally I looked at her trilogies and this one sounded like something I would enjoy because there is a bit of a paranormal aspect to it. I'm glad I finally bit the bullet and read one. I definitely plan to finish this trilogy and I'm sure I'll read more by the author too.

I did listen to the audio version of this one. I thought the reader did a very good job. Unfortunately the copy I borrowed from the library had several disks that skipped a lot, so I missed part of the story but not a lot. It was more annoying than anything else. I'm definitely going to see if the library has the rest in this trilogy for me to borrow.

3 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

If you end up enjoying this trilogy, then I would recommend reading the Key trilogy by Nora Roberts as well as her Sisters trilogy. The Sister's books begins with Dance Upon the Air but I'm not sure of the title for the Key trilogy. Both of them have paranormal aspects and are really good reads. I've yet to read Blood Brothers myself but plan on reading it soon :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation Samantha! I'll have to see if the library has the Key trilogy in audio books.

bermudaonion said...

Nora Roberts is hit or miss for me, so I haven't read any of her work in a while. Glad you enjoyed this one.