Friday, February 26, 2010

SwagBucks - a bit of a different post

Are any of you aware of swagbucks?   I joined awhile ago but just started using it regularly last Nov. or Dec.  

I don't normally ask people to join things like this unless I know they are interested, so just bear with me.  If you don't join up or even finish reading this post, no hard feelings  but I thought some of you might be interested in it since one of the things you can redeem your points for are Amazon e-cards. (which in my mind means free books).

So basically..the idea is that you earn swagbucks when you do a search or purchase from the website.   I set up swagbucks as my default search engine in IE and Chrome (the two internet browsers that I use).   So anytime I go on the internet and do a search for something, I have the opportunity to earn swagbucks.  Sometimes it can seem like it will take forever to get enough for a giftcard, but it ads up.

I redeemed points for two $5 amazon giftcards in january and that's what I used to buy the Vietnam books I bought.  I just redeemed points for another $5 that I'll probably just let sit in my account until I have a couple more.

So anyway..since it's easy and I've tested it enough to know that it works, i thought some of you might be interested since it could help you get free books (of course there are lots of other giftcards too..I just did amazon for the books).  Of course, in several of the blog posts I've read about it the people say they keep their points and towards the end of the year they redeem them all for different giftcards to either give away as Christmas gifts or use to buy Christmas gifts.  I think that's a good idea, I just never do that because I like to reward myself. haha!

If interested, I would appreciate it if you clicked on the image below in order to sign up.  This way it knows I refered you and I get some points.  yeah yeah..a bit like the pyramid scheme but I swear you do get points just for doing normal internet searches.   

Search & Win

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Hmm - I'll have to think about this.

Unknown said...

I totally feel kinda silly posting it, but at the same time, it does work and I figured I would give it a shout. I'm huge into couponing and rewards accounts but don't always talk about it unless I know the person is interested.

Kristie said...

It does work. I love it! I earned last year $75 in gift cards for Amazon just by searching. It's powered by Google so you get reliable results and you don't have to use it all of the time. I used my gift cards to help offset some Christmas gifts last year, but this year I think it may be Kristie gifts! Glad to see you like it!

Unknown said...

Glad to see another person who likes it! I didn't get as much in gift cards as you did Kristie, but I didn't really use it a lot until later in the year. I'm hoping to do really good this year.