Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Lost Throne by Chris Kuzneski

Copyright: 2008
Publisher: Putnam
Genre: Mystery
Pages: 495
Challenges: New Author Challenge
New-to-me Author: yes
Author's Website



Simple Description:
I'm being lazy and copying the info about the book from the author's website.  Actually, it's part lazy and part "I really don't know how to describe this book".  Here it is:
Carved into the towering cliffs of central Greece, the Metéora
monasteries are all but inaccessible. Holy Trinity is the
most isolated, its sacred brotherhood the guardians of
a secret that has been protected for centuries.

In the dead of night, the holy retreat is attacked by an
elite group of warriors carrying ancient weapons. One by
one, they hurl the silent monks from the cliff-top to the rocks
below 
 the holy men taking their secret to their graves….

Halfway across Europe, Richard Byrd fears for his life. He
has uncovered the location of a magnificent treasure. But
there are those who are dedicated to protecting it,
and they will stop at nothing to prevent its discovery.

Hoping to save himself, Byrd contacts two colleagues,
Jonathon Payne and David Jones, and begs for their help.
The duo rushes to his aid and quickly find themselves caught
in an adventure that will change their lives forever.


Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I'll say first that I had some issues with the book but that in the end I really did enjoy it.
Right off let me say that I had a review copy of this book, an uncorrected proof, not for individual sale, etc.
I had some issues with the writing.  Things that I don't think were changed for the official print but I don't know that for sure.  One of the things that bothered me was that you would be getting the story from one guys point of view, this guy would call somebody on the phone, and while they were talking, you would start getting info on the person who was called.  Things such as the person moved their hair or put their feet up on a desk, something that shouldn't be known since the story was being told from a persons point of view who couldn't see them.  See what I mean?  stuff like that.

However, the story itself kept my interest.  So even though there were things that bothered me, I wanted to figure out how the story was going to end and had enough interest in it to continue reading it.

I liked it enough to consider reading one of the author's other books.



Thanks to Nicole from Authors on the Web for providing this book for review.

No comments: