Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Happy Hour by Michele Scott

Copyright: 2009
Publisher: DVine Press
Genre: fiction
Pages: 306
Challenges: Chick Lit
Author's Website

Simple Description:
This book is about 4 women and how they get through the good and not-so-good things that life throws their way.   The book starts out with us getting insight into each woman, each has just learned something that changes their life forever.  This ranges from divorce, new love, illness, and a mystery.   Then the book skips ahead 3 years in the future.  Each woman is now in a new chapter of their life.  Don't think it's all great and wonderful though, each woman has problems she is now facing and must deal with.  The good thing is that they have found each other and are able to get some support, laughter, and help when it's needed.

Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I thought this was a wonderful book. I really like each of the 4 woman, even though they each have their faults.  I liked that while two of them were dealing with divorce at the beginning, they are each doing something different 3 years later.  I just loved how the woman got together at least once a month and shared the things going on in their lives and how sometimes they bickered over how one of them was reacting to something.  That made it seem more real to me.

Overall, this was a great book and I highly recommend it.  On a star rating, I give it 4 out of 5 stars.



 Thanks to the author for providing this book for review (especially since I couldn't find it at any of the local stores).

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I got this book recently, so I'm glad to see it's good!

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy it Bermudaonion.