Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Betrayed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

#2 House of Night
Copyright: 2007
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: young adult
Pages: audio
Author's Website
My rating: 4/5

Simple Description:
In this 2nd installment, we start off with Zoey being nervous regarding the Dark Daughters.  She wants to change how the club is run but is nervous about what exactly to do and how the changes will go over.   She decides to do some research in the computer lab, where she meets the most beautiful teacher ever, and he flirts with her.  This further complicates her relationship with Eric, as if that wasn't complicated enough.

Then she finds out that a local, human, football player is missing.  This is a boy she had met before.  Soon the police stop by the school to talk to her.  Then another boy is missing.  Another boy that Zoey knew.  All signs point towards vampires but Zoe knows that isn't the case.

Plus..what are those weird ghosts things she has seen?  And why is the high priestess taking credit for things Zoey came up with, regarding the changes to the Dark Daughters and Sons?

And now Heath is missing?  Will the bad stuff ever end?


Now what you really want to know....my thoughts:
I'm sure my description doesn't really do the book justice.  The problem is that I don't want to give anything away so I have to leave out some details about a couple of big things that happen.

You'll just have to trust me when I say this was a great book and an excellent follow-up to the first one, Marked.  I've really enjoyed this series so far and I can't wait to get to the third.   Zoey is such a strong female character.  I think she's a great role-model for younger girls.

The audio book was narrated by Edwina Wren, the same narrator who did the first book in the series.  Once again I think she does an excellent job reading these books.  She is the perfect Zoey.  I highly recommend this series in audio.


This audio book was rented from my local library.

No comments: