I've participated in the YA reading challenge for several years now. This year it's being hosted by Jamie at For the Love of YA.
Here are the rules:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.
--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.
--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2011 and goes until December 31, 2011.
I'm going to plan on reading at least 20 YA books in 2011, so I'm signing up for the Fun Size level. I hadn't planned on making a list, however, there are a lot of YA's I plan to read next year so I'm going to list those. In fact, I was planning to only read 15 for this challenge but upon looking over the books I'm already planning to read for other challenges, I realized I had over 15 YA's on the list already.
1. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
2. Chosen by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
3. Untamed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
4. Hunted by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
5. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
6. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
7. The Naming by Alison Croggon
8. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Mar
9. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
10. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
11. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
12. Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer
13. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
14. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
15. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
16. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech