Sunday, November 18, 2012

Last Wool and Testament

#1 Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery
Copyright: 2012
Publisher: Signet
Genre: mystery (cozy)
Pages: 352/DNF
My rating:  DNF


Simple Description:
Kath heads back to the foothills and the small town where she grew up for her Grandmother's funeral.  While there she realizes that her Grandmother was the prime suspect in a murder investigation.   Kath can't just leave this to rest so she takes matters into her own hands.  Of course she has the help of the ladies who formed a close kinship thanks to her Grandmother's store, The Weaver's Cat, and their love of yarn and fibers.


 My Thoughts:
I didn't finish this book. I wanted to, I really did.  The story itself was moving along ok.  I had issues with Kath, the main character. I just didn't like her.  She rubbed me the wrong way.  I think I could have kept going and chances are I would have ended up enjoying the story, but I didn't.  I've found that with my reading time being so short these days, if I'm not in love with a book, I have a hard time putting in the effort to finish it.   The book seems to have gotten good reviews though, so don't just go off of mine. 

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I'm sorry to see you didn't love this. I think the title is great!