Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The 13th Day of Christmas by Jason F. Wright

Copyright: 2012
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Genre: fiction
Pages: 256
My rating: 4/5


Simple Description: 
 Marva lives in a house near a park/neighborhood for trailer homes.  Her and her husband used to own all the land but sold it.  It's getting close to the holidays when a new family moves in to one of the trailers.  There is a young girl, Charlee.   Charlee is very interested in making friends and spots Marva from across the field.  Soon the two of them become fast friends even though there is a huge age difference, with Marva being in her 80's and Charlee being only 9 years old.

However on Thanksgiving tragedy strikes.  Just when things seem to be getting better, things get worse.  Charlee's wish is that everyone is home for Christmas.


My Thoughts:
It's funny how I often read two books in a row that have a similar thread. In this case it was cancer. I rarely plan this, it just happens.   This book was another sad one but also one with a good message.   I've been happy with Jason Wright's books in the past and this one has not disappointed.   I do love a good sappy Christmas story for the holidays.  This was the perfect one for me. 

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I think I may have read and enjoyed one of his books in the past. This sounds good for this time of year.

Unknown said...

His books are really good for the holiday season. I've enjoyed all of them.