Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Sweetest Hours by Laura Pedersen

I really really loved this book. I wasn't sure when I first started reading it because it is a collection of short stories, I normally don't like collections of short stories. These stories were wonderful though! They were love stores...of a kind (as it says on the book). There was the story of Gus - a dog whose owners don't really need him anymore, so he finds "work" on his own. There is a story of a women who is very shy and never talks, who the town thinks of as different since she was gone for so long and then back - but they never see her. It is a story about how she starts running the bookstore after her sister dies. That was one of my favorites. There was also the story of a man and his...dolphin? Yup - that's right.

I strongly suggest you read this book. I couldn't put it down. It is the type of book I want to actually pass along and have others borrow it and read it - and I almost never let anyone borrow my books.

No comments: