Monday, July 31, 2006

Anonymous Lawyer by Jeremy Blachman


"There's no point in giving them secretaries if we can't rely on them to rat people out. " p129

That is pretty much the tone of this novel. This novel is written in blog form - so you have blog entries, some emails, more blog entries, etc. The format works very well for this novel. I found the format easy to read but then I also like books where the format is emails.

This is a novel about a lawyer who starts a blog to vent some of what he feels about his life as a lawyer. He creats names for people he works with, such as Guy With No Neck, The Jerk, The Suck-up, etc. He is so over the top - it's funny. Now I have no idea what life is really like for a high-powered lawyer but if it is anything like this guy says, I'm glad I'm not one. haha!

over all - I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was very funny, it kept my interest going. I didn't like the very end - was a little confused by the last post - but that didn't really change how I felt about the book - just left something to be desired. I recommend this book for those who are looking for a light, fast read that will make them smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »