Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini


I had heard so much about this book I was a little worried when I started it. I really wanted to read it but because everyone talked about how great it was, I was hoping I wouldn't be disapointed. I wasn't! This book was great. I was up at 3am this morning finishing it. haha!

This is a stori of Amir. When the book starts he is growing up a young boy in Afghanistan and when it ends he is a middle-aged man in America. This book is how Amir grew up in Afghanistan and how it changed and then how his family was able to excape and what brought him back to his country so many years later.

There is so much more I could write and want to write but don't want to give anything away. I have at least 15 post-its stuck in the book - marking things I want to discuss with both my f2f reading group and my on-line reading group. This is a book that I think should be read it - it's an interesting storie about a country that many of us don't know much about.

No comments: