Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The End - book the thirteenth in A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

I enjoyed this book as much as I have enjoyed the others. I enjoy the authors style of writing and how he plays with the reader. I loved how the 14Th chapter was at the very end of the book, almost like it wasn't supposed to be part of this story. I am a bit disappointed because the author didn't really tie up any loose ends, we still don't know the secrets behind the sugar bowl or VFD, etc. I'm hoping this means that he is planning on writing a series based on some of the other characters in these books - and that will answer some of the questions from this series - while of course opening up new questions. However I haven't heard he is doing anything like this, but one can hope. haha!

If you have read some of the others in the series, you do need to read this one, even though it doesn't answer as many questions as I was hoping it would, it is still a very enjoyable book. I could say more - but I really don't want to give parts of the story away.

2 comments:

JoanneMarie Faust said...

Exxie of Exxie's Book Lounge made similar comments when she reviewed this book. I've only read the first one, but figure I should probably do the series. Did you read the non series books by this author? I think Exxie may have believed that some of the unanswered questions may have been covered in those.

Unknown said...

Oh - you should finish the series - I really enjoy them - the audio versions are awesome.

I have read Beatrice' Letters - but that's the only other one that isn't part of the series.

I guess I'll have to look into that huh? haha!