Tuesday, October 3, 2006

The Trouble With Magic by Madelyn Alt


This is the first in the series. It is a cozy mystery. I'm a little torn. I liked the book but at the same time don't think I enjoyed it as much as I thought I would. However, that being said, I don't know why. haha! I think maybe it was just because this is the first and I was being introduced to all the character's, etc. I did like most of the main charactors so I will be reading the second book, which comes out in Dec. 2006. My guess is that I will enjoy that one even more, sometimes for me it's just a matter of getting past the very first in the series.

Maggie works at a job that she has begun to hate. One day on her way to work she talks the long way and stops to walk around a part of the town that has a lot of antique stores. She goes into one of the stores and meets the owner, who ends up offering her a job. By the time Maggie gets to the job she hates, she is late and is fired, so she goes to work for the lady she just met, who happens to be a witch. The lady, Liss, goes to see her sister and finds the sister dead. The police are focused on Liss and believe she did it, Maggie things this is only because Liss is a witch. Maggie knows that Liss is innocent and she tries to prove that.

(of course since it is October - this was the perfect book to read!! Be on the lookout for more witchy books - I'm going to the bookstore today to see what I can find. haha!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a fun read.. I might have to see if my library has it.