Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas Hope by Donna VanLiere


I'm sure you can tell from my posts that these are fast reads - and great books. I have read one each day. haha! This is the third in the series - and I hope she writes a fourth for next year.

This story once again brings us Nathan, or rather Dr. Andrews (he's moving up huh? lol!). However this time he is not the main character - he is more of a secondary character. The main character is new to us. Her name is Patti. She is a social worker. Her son died about 4-5 years ago on Christmas eve and since then her life hasn't been the same. Her marriage is falling apart and she can't do anything about it. Then she gets a call to come get a 5 year old Emily. Her mother died in a car accident and there isn't anybody else in the house to look after her, so she needs a foster family. Patti is unable to find a foster family that late in the evening, and this close to Christmas, and although it is against the rules Patti takes Emily home.

This is a story of how in trying to help Emily deal with the loss of her mother, Patti finally deals with the loss of her son and is able to reclaim life.

I just loved all three of the books in this series. They are great for around the holiday. There were times I wanted to cry and times I was laughing out load with this book. I sure hope the author continues to write more in this series - keeping Nathan as a main or secondary character and continuing to include the other characters as well.

No comments: