Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Christmas Blessing by Donna Vanliere



This is my second book by Donna VanLiere. I borrowed three from my Mom, so of course I'm in the middle of the third. lol!

I didn't realize these books were a series - but they are. The continue Nathan's story. Of course new people are brought into each book, but Nathan is a main charactor. I love how the author brings the older charactors into the story and how everyone is connected somehow.

I'm sure you can guess - but I really enjoyed this book. I loved the running/cross-country aspect to it (I used to run cross-country) but the story itself was very touching.

Nathan is all grown up and a med student now. He is a resident at a hospital and one of his rotations brings him to the childrens cardiology wing. He has a way with children, they all love him. Then he meets Meghan, she is 19 and runs cross-country for the local college. She is their best runner and what makes her special is that she has a hole in her heart. She has friends at the hospital because of how much time she has spent there. It is love at first site - although they don't know that at first. haha! Meghan is trying to raise money for a scholarship for kids with heart issues. This is how Robert comes into the story. Robert was the lawyer who almost lost his family in the first book.

I'm sure my review doesn't do this book justice - I think it is a great Christmas story. If you have read The Christmas Shoes - than you must pick up this book.

"Most people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts"

Steve Prefontaine, p. 48

1 comment:

Lover of Books said...

I have this one to read. I hope to read it here soon or before the end of this year. :) We'll see what happens. :)