Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hot Flash Holidays by Nancy Thayer

This is the 3rd in the Hot Flash series. I enjoyed this one as much as the first two, it was good to read more about them.

I really liked the format of this one too. It starts out around the Christmas holidays, then each section of the book is another holiday and you read about each of the women and what is going on around the holidays. The book ends a year later at Christmas.

Alice comes to term with her son Alan and his wife Jennifer, she is finally ok with Jennifer being white and the two of them grow closer together.

Faye begins to paint again and helps Polly design some clothes to sell at the Haven.

Polly still has to deal with her son, his weird wife, and not being able to see her grandson. She also has to deal with Carolyne trying to hook her up with her father, Aubrey, who is dating Faye.

Shirley finally realizes that her boyfriend is a jerk, after he doesn't help Alice when she has a heart attack. This actually brings Alice and Shirley closer together.

Marilyn's mother moves in with her so she can watch her. Marilyn also breaks up with Faraday and decides to take a trip to Scotland, while there she meets the love of her life, the only problem is that he lives and works in Scotland.

So - as you can see there are a lot of things happening with the Hot Flash ladies. I sometimes think that I would enjoy them more if I was of the same age and experiencing the hot flashes and the weight gain, etc., but at the same time I still really like the books. I think I'll probably re-visit the series when I am of that same age and see how much I can relate. haha!

3 comments:

Lover of Books said...

That sounds like it would be a good series if I didn't have so many started already. lol

nessie said...

I love Eric Van Lusbader!! HIs Ninja series and fantasy series are fantastic!! I just signed in for the Chunkster. Let me know if you put up a final list as well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris - Thank you for stopping by my blog. I haven't read any Nancy Thayer books but I notice that you are a fan of mysteries - yeah - me too! :)

I'll have to see what others you recommend!