Friday, December 29, 2006

What My Mother Doesn't Know by Sonya Sones



This book was a very quick read and very cute and funny. It is written in poem form. So..you know how some books are written in emails but they tell a story - this is like that only poems. It is about a girl named Sophie and about her first couple of loves. If I remember correctly she is 15 in this book, a highschool freshman. The poems tell about the boy she is dating, her family and friends. Then how she dumps her boyfriend and is in love with this other boy. This other boy is actually the school dork - but once she gets to know him she realizes they get along great.

One thing I liked about this book is that it brought back a ton of memories when I was that age and boy crazy. ok - I'm still boy crazy - somethings never change. haha!

Here's one that some of you women might find funny.

It's that time of the month again

I wore
my brand-new white satin panties
to school today

so,
naturally,
i got my period.

When Rachel gets hers,
she calls it riding the cotton pony
Grace calls it surfing the crimson wave.

but I prefer
to think of it as
rebooting my ovarian operating system.

1 comment:

Lover of Books said...

LOL that is too cute. I'll have to think about that one to read. :)