Saturday, December 30, 2006

Innkeeping With Murder by Tim Myers


This is the first in his lighthouse inn series. I enjoyed this one as well as I have liked his other series. Now I just need to start reading more of each series. haha!
Alex is the owner of Hatteras West Inn. The inn hasn't been doing to well but at least he has some paying visitors. Then he finds one of his friends and tenant, Reg, dead at the top of the lighthouse. Alex is even more upset when he is told it was murder. The police dont' seem to be doing a good job investigating the death and since Reg was a good friend, and he wants to keep his Inn in busines, Alex decides to investigate the murder himself. Elise comes to work for him as a maid and instantly they hit it off and she helps him investigate.
I really liked Alex and Elise. I'm hoping they are the two main charactors in future books. I liked the small town as well - The author didn't spend a lot of time on the town or the townspeople but I enjoyed what little was said.

1 comment:

Lover of Books said...

That does sound like a good series. I'll have to keep that in mind for this year. :)