Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Queen of Broken Hearts by Cassandra King


Clare is a therapist who works with women (and some men) who have been through a divorce. She doesn't talk them into a divorce but rather helps them deal with it. The only problem is that Clare doesn't take her own advice. Her husband, Mack, died years ago and she still hasn't gotten over it. This story is how Clare deals with life. You meet Haley, her daughter, who happens to be having problems with her marriage, Dory, Clare's friend, who is married to Son, a man that Clare has never liked. Son thinks Clare talked Dory into leaving him, only we find out that it was Son's actions that pushed Dory away. Clare has to deal with Dory going back to Son and trying to work things out - even though nobody but Dory thinks Son will change. Clare has two guy friends, Lex and Rye. They both love Clare but she doesn't see it and believes everything will be fine with them just being friends. Through this whole book we also learn about Clare building a site for her retreats and the different ceremony's or things that go on with it, and how each person helps out with the retreat and getting the site ready.
I enjoyed this book. I hope I did a good job of explaining it, I tried to explain some of the different story lines without actually giving anything away. I admit that Clare was not my favorite charactor...there were times when I wanted to tell her to grow up (even though the charactor is older than myself. lol!) but at the same time..I enjoyed the different stories that were going on and did want to know what was going to happen to each person/story. I enjoyed Zoe Catherine, her mother-in-law. She was very much a secondary character but probably my favorite. She is a very excentric older lady and sounded like fun to be around but she also knew how to help somebody when life just wasn't working out the way they would have liked. I also enjoyed the ending - I thought it was perfect for the story.
new author/fiction/412pgs

1 comment:

Lover of Books said...

This one looks interesting. I should see what kind of wait list there is.