Friday, May 25, 2007

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris


This is the second in the Sookie series.
Sookie and Bill are called upon by the vampire Eric to do a mission in Dallas. Sookie doesn't want to...but knows she can't go against Eric. She also doesn't want to leave because one of the cooks at Merlotte's is found dead, and of course Sookie is the one that finds him.
Sookie and Bill go to Dallas and learn that they must track down one of the Vampires who has disappeared and the head vampire believes they were kidnapped. Sookie's job is to read the minds of the humans who last saw this vampire to see if she can find out some info. This soon leads them to an organization called The Fellowship of the Sun - they are intent on killing on vampires.
Sookie finds herself in big trouble and with the help of some vampires and a shapeshifter she is able to escape.
I really enjoy this series so far. I know it is a little far fetched with the vampires and shape shifters and other supernatural beings, but I think it's a fun series. I really like Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill. I plan on reading the rest...especially since HBO is making this show into a series - so I need to be caught up before that comes out. Of course I don't have HBO...so hopefully they will put it on DVD. haha!
mystery/262 pgs

2 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I love the Sookie books. I just bought the most recent release, and am hoping I will be able to fit it in among all my other reading commitments. I'm glad you enjoyed Living Dead in Dallas!

Kelly said...

What a cute idea!