Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Cozy Mystery Challenge - list of books

Here is how I picked the list of books to try and read that month. I went through all the books I own and picked the cozy mysteries that were the first in a series that I still haven't read. Boy was I suprised by how many I had! haha! I might end up reading some before the challenge and I also doubt I will read all of these - but I will try to read from this list. I also have a couple listed that aren't the 1st in the series - but are ones I keep putting off but not sure why or will also work for the TBR challenge.

A Charmed Dead by Madelyn alt (#2)
Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton (#1)
Cooking Up Murder by Miranda Bliss (#1)
Candy Apple Red by Nancy Bush (#1)
On What Grounds by Cleo Coyle (#1)
Fowl Prey by Mary Daheim (#2)
The Trouble with Witches by Shirley Damsgaard (#3)
The Last Suppers by Diane Mott Davidson (#4/tbr)
Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson (#1 - believe this is a cozy)
Crime Brulee by Nancy Fairbanks (#1)
"B" is for Burglar by Sue Grafton (#2/tbr)
Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (#1)
Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris (#1)
The Good Friday Murdery by Lee Harris (#1)
The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly (#1)
A Bicycle Built for Murder by Kate Kingsbury (#1)
Feint of Art by Hailey Lind (#1)
Faux Finished by Peg Marberg (#1)
How to Murder a Millionaire by Nancy Martin (#1)
Murder Uncorked by Michele Scott (#1)
Murder of a Small-Town Honey by Denise Swanson (#1)
Murder Will Travel by Emily Toll (#1)
Murder at the PTA Luncheon by Valerie Wolzien (#1)

3 comments:

JoanneMarie Faust said...

Have you considered Lawrence Block's 'The Burglar in the Library?' I love the Bernie Rhodenbarr mysteries and this is the only cozy mystery in it. It's sort of an homage to those closed room mysteries.

Heidi said...

I just read your list. I have not posted mine yet but we have a few of the same books. I will have to send Killer In High Heels to you so you can add it to the list.

Booklogged said...

Oh, my! I haven't heard of or read any of those. My TBR list is brimming with mysteries, but none of those. Isn't that crazy?