Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Simon Van Booy

I had the chance to meet the author of The Secret Lives of People in Love, Simon Van Booy.
I felt bad because nobody else was really there...but then again I talked to him for over an hour. Now..I also felt bad because I did most of the talking - sometimes I just can't shut up - even when I know I should - I hate when that happens. He was incredibly nice though (especially because he didn't seem disinterested - although I can only image what he thought to himself after I left). From what he told me and what I have heard about him from Bookfool (who has also met him) he is a very interesting person. His book is a collection of short stories and they are based on people he has met. I have not read the book yet...but of course I bought it and had him sign it. Bookfool has read the book and she loved it.

I didn't get a picture of him, but go click here to go to Bookfool's blog, she has a good picture there.


2 comments:

Lover of Books said...

I am glad you had a good time. :)He sounds like a sweetheart. :) Well with the way work is scheduling me I hope to go to some more book signings soon. :)

Bookfool said...

I did a lot of talking when we met, too. LOL I think he's just a really great guy who is interesting and interested, very comfy to talk to. Hope you love the book. :)