Sunday, August 26, 2007

Queen of Babble in the Big City by Meg Cabot


This is the second in the Queen of Babble series. This time the gang is in New York City. Lizzie wants to work in wedding restoration and is having trouble finding a job. Also, she is living with her boyfriend of only a couple months, Luke. Lizzie is in love with him and hopes to marry him. In the mean time, she takes a job at a law firm, her other friend, Chaz, his father is a lawyer there. She works there for part of the day and the second half of the day she works, for free, at a wedding restoration place. The she gets the chance of a lifetime, of the ladies being represented by the law firm is being forced to wear an awful wedding gown that has been in the in-laws family for a long time. Lizzie offers her services, this could be the chance of a lifetime.
I liked the first Queen of Babble book and liked this one as well. I was getting sick of Lizzie's friend, Shari, always putting her down, but then that was also part of the story. The book was definitely left open for a third in the series and I'll plan on reading that one. I think Meg's adult books are fun, light reads.
I know - not the best of reviews and not long either - but I'm on vacation and finished this one a couple days ago so it's just not that fresh in my mind.
fiction/307 pgs

No comments: