Monday, October 29, 2007

Last Breath by George D. Shuman


This is actually the second book in the series - yes ladies and gentleman - I read out of order again. haha!
Sherry Moore is blind - but she is also a psychic. If she holds the hand of a dead person, she can see their last 18 seconds of life.
In this one, the second novel, there is a serial killer on the loose. He finds out that Sherry is involved and starts to call her on the phone and insist that the police let her hold the victim's hands. He has made the victim look at a picture of his next target. Will the police find them in time?
Also, Sherry is dealing with her own demands. Things that happened in the other book I assume. She ends up in the hospital and the killer shows up.
This book was great! I couldn't put it down. I left the book I had been reading at work, and called in sick the next day, so I grabbed this book to keep me company until I could get my book from work. I am so glad I picked this one. It was a very fast read, kept me interested from the very beginning. I admit that on some stuff I think it would make more sense if I had read the first in the series before this one, but at the same time it didn't lose me in the story. It could also be because I'm one of those who prefer to read a series in order, so when I don't, I always think I am missing something. haha!
I definitely recommend this to others - if you like a lot of the mysteries that I have reviewed and enjoyed - than you should definitely look into this one.
new author/mystery/273pgs

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

This sounds so good! I haven't heard of this series, but I definitely plan to add it to my wish list.