Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Clubbable Woman by Reginald Hill



This is the first in the Dalziel and Pascoe series.

I admit - I read about 100 pages, then skimmed the rest.

Mary Connor is found by her husband, she was murdered in their home while he was upstairs. He had a slight concussion from playing rugby and had passed out in the bedroom. When he woke up and went downstairs, she had been murdered. The police immediately think of him as a suspect, as well as many others in the rugby club.

The story itself was interesting, I wanted to know what really happened. However, I didn't like the writing style. It was flip from one character to the next. I prefer when it is told from the point of view of one person and you only know their thoughts. In this book you get the thoughts of many of the characters.

So....the story itself was good but the writing style kept me from really enjoying it. There are several in this series, so give this one a try and you never know....you might really enjoy it and then you have yet another series to read.

new author/mystery/273 pgs

No comments: