Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Candy Can Murder by Joanne Fluke


This is actually three Christmas mystery stories in one book.
The first, and the reason I bought the book was a Hannah Swenson story by Joanne Fluke. It was a short mystery but perfect to hold me over until the next full length book comes out. Hannah and her sisters are at the Inn and walking back to their cars when, can you guess what happens? Yup, Hannah finds a dead body. Like that's never happened before. haha! No really, it's a good story and I love this series. I wouldn't recommend starting off with this one just because I prefer to start at the beginning, but if you read the other two authors and buy it for theirs - go ahead and read this one too. It's a good cast of characters.
The second story is a novella in the Jaine Austin series by Laura Levine. It's actually a series I want to read but haven't yet. I didn't feel like I was missing anything by reading this one and not having read the others. Jaine is asked to look into a possible murder. A man was murdered while hanging Christmas lights. She interviews the neighbors on what she terms Hysteria lane and finds herself with more suspects than she wants or needs. This was also a cute Christmas time mystery.
The third story is a novella in the Lucy Stone series by Leslie Meier. I actually read the first in the series last Christmas and kept meaning to read more in the series but um, never made it this year. This one was interesting because it goes back before all the other books and tells about a Christmas mystery when Lucy and her husband first moved to Tinker Cove.
Overall - very enjoyable book and I'm glad I read it and suggest others do the same.
mystery/390pgs

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I highly recommend the Laura Levine books. They are really enjoyable and fast reads. I always wait for the next one to come out.