Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Christmas Promise by Donna VanLiere



This book is #4 in the hope series. Let me tell you faithful readers - these books are awesome.

In this one, Gloria is retired and does all she can to help those in need in the town she lives in. She helps people find work, she gives them clothes and other items when she can.

Then there is Chaz, who is an alcoholic and not happy with his life. However, he doesn't know how to make it better. He soon meets a young boy of 5 whose Mother cleans the department store at night. Chaz is a security guard at the store. He ends up watching the boy while his mother works. This actually helps Chaz begin to straighten out his life.

I thought this story was just wonderful. I loved how everything came together at the end too. There are also several other characters in the book, I just haven't mentioned them. also...does the book The Christmas Shoes sound familiar? I actually think it might have been turned into a movie. but anyway...it's the same author! In fact, it's #1 in this series.

fiction/224 pgs

4 comments:

PamelaHD said...

Christmas Shoes is a movie - starring Rob Lowe - that will be on Lifetime Sunday evening - 7pm CST. I was just looking on Lifetime's website for their Christmas movies which sometimes are fairly good and saw that one. My favorite is If You Believe starring a very young Hayden Panittierre of Heroes.

Anonymous said...

I've read the first 3 in this series, but somehow missed this one. I just added it to my wish list!

Bookfool said...

I was wondering what the order of this series is, when I wandered around Borders and saw several of them. I have one, but it's not the first. And, I can't get to it, anyway (thanks to the mess hubby made, ugh).

April said...

I thought this was such a wonderful story! Such a great author!