Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Warrior by Kinley MacGregor



This is book #3 in the Brotherhood of the Sword series, however I don't think you have to read them in order. This is the first book I have read in the series and I wasn't confused, etc.

Lochlan MacAllister is the clan leader and knows he has to take a wife in order to produce a heir, however he doesn't allow himself to get close to women. He hasn't had much luck with them. He has several brothers and they thought that Kieran has committed suicide but soon learn that he didn't. Lochlan travels to France in order to find his missing brother, or at least find out what happened to him.

Along the way he runs into Catarina. She is the bastard child of the King of France and she is wild and free. She is currently on the run because her father wants to marry her off and she doesn't want to be married to any man, especially not one her father selects for political gain. Lochlan doesn't like Cat and Cat doesn't like Lochlan. However...somewhere along the way....they realize they are attracted to each other.

I would say this is your typical romance, except that it takes place in the time of Knights and Kings, etc. At first I was like oh no - what did I get myself into..a romance? But then...the more I read it..the more I enjoyed the story and didn't want to put it down. haha! I wanted to know if Lochlan would find his brother and if Cat would escape her father for good. I liked it enough to put the others in this series on my wish list and plan to read them at some point. We all know how that goes though...so many books and so little time.

new author/fiction/344pgs

No comments: