Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back from Vacation - but wish I wasn't!

On Tuesday, the 4th, I headed to Naples, Florida for a short vacation with my family. It was my husband and myself, both my sisters and their husbands, my nephew, and my Mom and her boyfriend. We had a lot of fun and I even got to hold a baby alligator and I didn't get stung by a jellyfish. Woohoo!

The good thing is that on Tuesday our flight took off around 8:30 AM and around 9AM it started to snow really hard in St. Louis. By the time we landed in Florida, St. Louis already had 5 inches of snow! We made it out in the nick of time! I believe St. Louis ended the day with 10-12 inches of snow. From someone who HATES snow and loves WARM weather - I am so glad we spent the week in Florida.

Here is a picture of how I spent most of my vacation. (for other pictures - check out my other blog - I'll be adding pictures later today)

2 comments:

Janet said...

ahhhh, Florida! I was down there, too, staying with friends in Lake Buena Vista, 6-10 March. No beach tho, only pool, so sad.

I see you're reading Charlaine Harris...I ADORE her southern vampire books :-)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I saw your blog listed on Vixen's Daily Reads. One of my kids goes to SLU.

I've been to Naples a couple of times and enjoyed it.
The downside to vacation is that it has to end. I hope it won't be too long until your next one!