Saturday, March 8, 2008

Witch Hunt by Shirley Damsgaard

This is the 4th book in the series.

Ophelia's friend Darci needs her help to clear her cousin of murder. Darci's cousin, Becca, is in town for Darci's birthday and she starts hanging out with members of one of the motorcycle gangs that recently moved into town. Nobody likes these gangs, they know they are doing something illegal but don't have the proof needed to put them in jail. Becca hangs out with one of them one night and later is found in bed with the man, he has been stabbed to death and Becca is holding the knife. Becca doesn't remember doing it and the date rape drug is found in her system. However, since her prints are on the murder weapon and she was the only one there, the police arrest her for murder. Ophelia doesn't want to investigate but Darci needs her help. Abby, Ophelia's grandmother, also tries to discourage her from investigating.

There is one gang member, Corbra, who seems to have issues with Ophelia. Soon Ophelia doesn't feel safe in her house and always feels like somebody is watching her. She also hears things and her office was ransacked. Ophelia believes it is Cobra, but it might not be that simply.

Also in this story we have Tink, she is the girl who Ophelia was able to get foster care of. So Ophelia is also worried about Tink this whole time and wanting her to be save.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, this is one of my favorite mystery series. I love Ophelia and Abby, I wish I could be friends with them. However, since they are fictional, I'll just have to keep reading about them. I thought this was another good story in the series and I can't wait to read the next one, which I already own.

mystery/292 pgs/tbr challenge

No comments: